Hundreds of thousands of people book their vacation days each year to visit renowned Chicago tourist spots. To learn more about these beloved parts of Chicago’s cultural landscape, read Signature Transportation Group‘s quick overview below!
These Chicago Tourist Spots Belong on Your Must-See List
- Millennium Park: Located in downtown Chicago, Millennium Park boasts the 110-ton sculpture known as Cloud Gate as its centerpiece — its mirror-like stainless steel surface reflects the surroundings in more ways than one. In the same space, you can also see Crown Fountain for a modern spin on the ancient gargoyle, visit Lurie Garden, or take in a performance at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion.
- Navy Pier: Originally opened in 1916, Navy Pier is still one of the most popular Chicago tourist attractions. Famous for its 150-foot Ferris wheel and historic carousel, it’s also home to the Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Chicago Children’s Museum, 3D Imax Theater, and Crystal Gardens, a six-story indoor botanical garden.
- The Willis Tower: Still popularly known as the Sears Tower, this momentous Chicago landmark rears up 110 stories, so it offers a stunning bird’s eye view of the city. Visit the SkyDeck observation area at 1,453 feet and brave the Ledge to look straight through a glass floor to the open air below. On a clear day, you can see 50 miles over four states.
- Field Museum of Natural History: With a permanent collection featuring approximately 20 million artifacts and specimens, the Field Museum of Natural History is a world-class center of geology, botany, zoology, and anthropology. View everything from the world’s largest, most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton to displays on Ancient Egypt.
- Wrigley Field: Home of the Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field is the country’s second-oldest Major League Baseball park. If you can’t get tickets to a game, sign up for one of the ballpark tours that run in-season.
Explore Chicago with Signature Transportation Group!
Whether you want advice on Chicago bars or need to find the right vehicle from our fleet to help you make the most of the city, Signature Transportation Group will be happy to help. Traveling from O’Hare or Midway Airport to Downtown Chicago? Simply contact us today for any further advice or assistance.