Located just north of Orlando, Wekiva Island is one of Florida’s most popular recreation complexes. You’ll enjoy natural hot springs by going out on the water or stay on the land for everything from volleyball to walks along the picturesque boardwalk. Learn more about Wekiva Island with Signature Transportation Group!
Things to Do at Wekiva Springs State Park
- Enjoy Wekiva Island Canoeing: You can kayak and paddleboard along the scenic Wekiva River, but most people still prefer Wekiva Island canoeing. It’s a great way to get active while you spot local birds, fish, and perhaps even an alligator.
- Visit the Tooting Otter: Wekiva Island’s bar provides indoor and outdoor space to sit back and enjoy a drink and a snack. They have a wide range of craft beer as well as a large selection of meals and smaller bites. Visit during their 5-7 p.m. happy hour for deals on beer and wine.
- Relax on the Boardwalk: If you’re not up for tackling the water, why not take a load off on the boardwalk? While you’re free to enjoy the walk, nothing beats pulling up a seat, catching the sun, and watching the world go by. You can even take a quick dip when you need to cool off.
- Toast Marshmallows Over a Fire Pit: Wekiva Island’s Firepit Fridays offer themed dinners, live music, and a fantastic opportunity to trade fireside stories as you toast marshmallows over the open flames.
- Rent a River Cabana: If you want a VIP day out on the river and have a wide circle of friends or family to entertain, think about renting a river cabana. You’ll soak up the sun and enjoy the views in your own little slice of Florida paradise. Be sure to book in advance during the busy summer months.