If you’re coming to Chicago, a visit to the Navy Pier needs to be at the top of your list of things to do. With public art installations, open beaches, a giant Ferris wheel, fine dining restaurants, and gift shops galore, there is an endless variety of activities to keep you and your guests entertained. If you’d rather not fight with traffic and parking in a strange city, you can book a ride with Signature Transportation Group and sit back in affordable luxury while we take care of the rest.
While we could write volumes about the many things to do at the Navy pier during your visit to Chicago, these five were at the top of our list of must-see experiences. Most are even suitable for the whole family:
- Catch a cruise. There are a variety of companies that offer tours of Lake Michigan and the Chicago River to give you a unique view of the city from the water. Some of these cruises even have themed events that coincide with your trip, so you can taste cuisine from area restaurants, sample local ciders and ales, and enjoy local music.
- Hear the bard. The Chicago Shakespeare Theater offers spectacularly colorful showings of some of the bard’s most popular works such as Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, a Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Macbeth, as well as Tony award-winning new shows from modern artists.
- Listen to a concert. Seasonal free concerts at the Miller Light beer garden offer adult-style entertainment, good food, local beers, and feature artists not only from the Chicago area but from around the country as well.
- Hit the carnival. Take a ride on Chicago’s world-famous millennium Ferris wheel, ride the carousel, play mini-golf, explore the funhouse maze, or just spend some time on the swings and relive the excitement of the carnival of your youth.
- Take in the museum. The Chicago Children’s Museum offers a day of wonder and exploration for children of all ages. Kids and their parents can explore the tinkering lab, learn about building and construction, explore the science of sound, plan playgroups, dress up in the costume shop, and even get their faces painted.
Let Signature Transportation Group Take the Hassle Out of Downtown Parking
Explore the Navy Pier in downtown Chicago without the hassle of fighting city traffic and parking. Book a ride with Signature Transportation Group online or call us at 844.Book.STG and enjoy the convenience of door-to-door service in one of our luxurious vehicles.