The city of Chicago is renowned for its iconic architecture, from modern skyscrapers to Art Deco Masterpieces that sprung up during the Gilded Age, the variety and quality of the designs throughout the city have made it a hotspot for those who love unique architecture that stands the test of time. See which buildings made our list of the must-see destinations, then schedule a car with Signature Transportation Group and let us take you there.
Downtown Chi-Town’s Most Iconic Buildings
Whether you prefer modern or classical architecture, the Chicago city skyline has something to offer you. See which of the historic buildings made our list of must-sees, then book a tour and add a few of your own:
- Chicago Board of Trade: A massive Art Deco masterpiece featuring a stunning statue of Ceres, the Goddess of Grain in a nod to the once bustling futures trade that occurred there, the Chicago Board of Trade Building at 141 West Jackson is a stunning reminder of Chicago’s industrial past.
- Tribune Tower: The Tribune Tower on Michigan Avenue is famous not only for its striking Gothic architecture but also for its collections of stones from every corner of the globe. Samples from as far away as The Great Wall of China, and as near as Lincoln’s Tomb can be found in the building’s exterior façade.
- The Wrigley Building: An icon of the Chicago skyline since the early 1920s, the Wrigley Building stands proudly along Michigan Avenue, welcoming visitors into Chicago’s bustling downtown center.
- Chicago Water Tower: One of the few buildings to have survived the devastating fire that ravaged the city in 1871, the Chicago Water Tower doesn’t just mark a period of impressive design in the city’s history, it stands as a testament to the resiliency of its people as well.
- Willis Tower: No list of Chicago architecture would be complete without the iconic Willis Tower. Once known as the tallest building in America (and as the Sears Tower), the tower features a terrifying Skydeck that dares the brave to step out over the city into seeming nothingness.
Let Signature Transportation Group Make Your Trip Exceptional
Sit back and relax in style as one of our professional, liveried chauffeurs takes you on a tour of Chicago’s most iconic buildings. Book a luxury town car and enjoy the city on your own, or schedule one of our signature party buses and bring 42 of your closest friends along for the ride. Each vehicle offers access to Bluetooth music streaming, 4G Wi-Fi hotspot, cold beverages, and more. Select vehicles are even equipped with flat screen televisions that allow you and your guests to enjoy videos, watch highlights you’ve captured during your tour, or just relax between destinations. We make it easy to enjoy the city in style when you book with us.
Explore the Best Architecture in Chicago with Us
Relax in the comfort of leather-appointed luxury when you book your ride with Signature Transportation Group. Contact us online or at (844) 266-5784 to learn more.