The city of Chicago is renowned for its unique architecture. With historic buildings designed by the likes of Frank Lloyd Wright and Louis Sullivan, this birthplace of the American skyscraper offers a thrilling view at every turn. If you’re an architecture enthusiast, there is no better place to view stunning and unique designs, and no better way to get there than by the luxury accommodations provided by Signature Transportation Group.
Foot tours allow you to take your time and absorb all the unique sites the city has to offer. Some of the most popular in the city are available through the Chicago Architecture Foundation and include:
- Chicago Masterworks: Visitors can explore iconic buildings dating back to the 1870s, as well as stunning new designs in a variety of architectural styles including Chicago Commercial, Beaux Arts Movement, Postmodernism, and Mid-20th Century Modernism.
- Historic Skyscrapers: Enthusiasts are invited to step back in time to see some of the earliest examples of the skyscraper, which transformed city skylines forever.
- The Palmer House Hotel: A popular indoor tour takes visitors into the recently restored public spaces of the Palmer House and its stunning Art Deco interior decor.
Of course, if you prefer to see the city skyline from the river, there are plenty of companies ready, willing, and able to accommodate you including:
- Chicago’s First Lady Cruises: Rated top tour in Chicago and one of the top 10 tours in the US, this unscripted tour takes visitors from Michigan Avenue along the Chicago River and explores more than 50 buildings and their histories.
- Wendella Boat Tours: “Chicago’s original architecture tour” was established in 1935 and tells the story of more than 130 years of “innovation in design, style, and technique,” and explores why the precedent set by Chicago’s great masters still matters today.
- Shoreline Sightseeing: Explore Chicago in one of Shoreline’s famous water taxis or take a full architectural tour complete with fireworks in the summer and specialty tours in the spring and fall.
Let Signature Transportation Group Do the Driving on Your Next Chicago Vacation
Chicago architecture boat and walking tours will give you a unique appreciation for the Windy City. Rush-hour traffic? Not so much. Let us help you enjoy your vacation with luxury transportation solutions from Signature Transportation Group. Contact us online or by phone at 844.Book.STG and leave the driving to us.